Four fates collide in this avian-inspired, epic fantasy retelling of Tristan and Isolde perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas, Sabaa Tahir, and Leigh Bardugo!
A princess longing to be free…
On the dawn of her courtship trials, Princess Lyana Aethionus knows she should be focused on winning her perfect mate, yet her thoughts wander to the open sky waiting at the edge of her floating kingdom. One final adventure calls. Upon fleeing the palace, the last thing she expects to find is a raven prince locked in a death match with a dragon.
A bastard aching to belong…
Reviled son of a dead king, Rafe would do anything for his beloved half-brother, Prince Lysander Taetanus, including posing as him in the upcoming courtship trials. When a dragon interrupts their secret exchange, he orders his studious sibling to run. After suffering a fatal blow, Rafe is saved by a beautiful dove who possesses forbidden magic, just like him.
Fate brought them together, now destiny will tear them apart…
Unknown to the world above, on the foggy sea ten thousand feet below, a young king fights a forgotten war. He believes Lyana is the queen prophesied to save the world, and with the help of his favored spy, hidden deep in the highest ranks of the dove royal house, he will stop at nothing to have her.
Three shocking betrayals. Two star-crossed lovers. One unforgettable journey. If you like fierce heroines, brooding heroes, forbidden romance, and action-packed magical adventures with twists you’ll never see coming, don’t miss The Raven and the Dove!The Raven and the Dove by Kaitlyn Davis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
E-ARC provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My opinions are my own and are not affected in any way.
• Amazing world building! I loved loved LOVED the world building! One of the most beautiful and vivid so far. I had no problem to picture in my head the written images. Just hands down. Loved it!
• Magonia vibes! As you may or may not know, Magonia series it’s one of my favorite ever! Like, it’s in my top 10! And this book, giving me Magonia vibes, it was like pure joy! And the vibes kept coming through all my reading!
• Perfect pacing. Not too slow and not too fast. At least for me, it had the perfect recipe for keeping me entertained through all the pages.
• Character development. You know those type of books where you barely can see the difference between characters, where you can’t recognize their voice?! Well, another good news. Here it’s not the case! I felt like, even if it wasn’t written who did or said something, I would have known in the next who it was!
• Short chapters! Do I really need to say again that I LOVE a book with short chapters?!
• Insta love. Not really against it, but I feel like here it could’ve used a little more time to develop. Felt a little rushed.
• I can’t wait to read the second book! September, please come faster!
You can follow my TWITTER
If you want to support me, you can check my WHISHLIST
Get 2 months of free books HERE
View all my reviews